Level Editor Mayhem (working title)
Level Editor Mayhem (working title)
This is an early prototype of a 2D multiplayer platformer game, where players need to pick up randomly appearing targets and can also pickup boxes containing weapons, power-ups and objects they can place on the level to make the game easier or harder.
Main inspirations: Ultimate Chicken Horse, Super Crate Box, Speedrunners, Jump 'n Bump, Worms.
|Gamepad (Players 1-4)||Keyboard (Player 3)||Keyboard (Player 4)|
|Move player or placeable||D-pad or left analog stick||W/A/S/D||Numpad 8/4/2/6|
|Jump / join game||A||W||Numpad 8|
|Toggle placement mode||X||F||Numpad 5|
|Rotate placeable (fine)||LT or RT||1 or 3||Numpad / or *|
|Rotate placeable (step)||LB or RB||Q or E||Numpad 7 or 9|
|Suicide (hold for a few seconds)||Y||R||Numpad 0|
|Fire weapon||RB||E||Numpad 9|
|Throw weapon||LB||Q||Numpad 7|
- 4 player local multiplayer PvP mayhem
- Players can double jump, wall ride, wall slide and wall jump
- Primary goal is to pick up randomly appearing collectibles (crowns) and transport them to randomly appearing drop zones (portals).
- There are boxes containing placeable objects can be picked up and placed at any time by players:
- Spinning saw blade (2 sizes): instantly kills players and NPCs, breaks down after a few hits
- TNT (2 sizes): explodes after a few seconds destroying everything in its radius
- Mine (2 sizes): explodes when touched by players or NPCs
- Walls/platforms (2 sizes): can be used to reach places or trap your fellow players; self destructs after 10 seconds
- Explosive and freezing barrels (they explode via player proximity or when hit by projectiles)
- Projectile shooters
- Crossbow: fires fast moving arrows that kills players, NPCs and detonates explosives.
- Cannon: fires various spherical projectiles (beach ball, bowling ball, cannonball, 8-ball, coconut, soccer ball, basketball) that kill players, NPCs, detonate explosives and damage saw blades.
- Also there are weapon boxes containing weapons with limited ammo:
- Pistol: fires a fast moving bullet (10 rounds) that kills players, NPCs and detonates explosives.
- Grenade launcher: fires a bouncy grenade (5 rounds, 2 second cooldown) that explodes after a few seconds or when hitting players, NPCs and placeables
- Shotgun: fires a hail of projectiles (4 rounds, 0.8 second cooldown) which kill or destroy everything pistol bullets kill or destroy.
- Rocket launcher: fires an accelerating rocket (3 rounds, 1.5 second cooldown) that explodes on impact killing / destroying everything in its radius.
- Weapons can be thrown (away) and will kill enemies or players for a short while (and then disappear).
- Players can also kill each other by head stomping each other
- Four levels with fixed spawn point and safe zone (where players are invincible).
- Horizontal/vertical wrap: players, projectiles, boxes and weapons falling through the gaps at the edge of the level will re-enter from the other side
- Scores/stats counting collectible deliveries, deaths and kills for each player
- NPC enemies that kill players:
- Blobs: slowly walking/stalling creatures who level up for 8 kills, then pop. They turn red, stop stalling and start jumping after 5 kills and self-destruct after 8 kills.
- Ghosts: flying creatures wandering around the level randomly killing players instantly. They turn red gradually and will self-destruct after 4 kills.
Planned features for the release:
- Configurable controls
- Level selection screen
- Gameplay customization (changing rules)
Planned long term features:
- More levels, weapons, game modes and scoring mechanisms
- Buffs & debuffs
|Tags||2D, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, PvP|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 4|
- Update: a bunch of small changesSep 24, 2021
- Update: major changes in gameplay, new graphics and soundsSep 06, 2021
- Update: drop-in multiplayer, proximity barrels, major graphics updateSep 01, 2021
- Update: new flying enemy, updated graphics, bugfixes.Aug 24, 2021
- Update: new level, minor changesAug 15, 2021
- Update: shotgun, rocket launcher, freezing barrel!Aug 09, 2021
- Update: exploding barrel, rule changes, bugfixesAug 05, 2021
- Update: more destructive weapons/projectiles, bugfixesAug 04, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.